One of the most prominent phone, internet, and email service providers – Windstream allows its users to send and receive emails effectively. All you have to do is create a Windstream email account by registering your valid email address and providing a strong username and password. Sometimes, the user might face issues with the login if their password has been changed or their account has been hacked. In such a case, the Windstream email password reset option allows the user to change Windstream email password which can resolve the issue.
Some users often forget their passwords too. For this, you have to follow a couple of steps that tell you what to do when you forgot your Windstream email password. Creating and logging into your Windstream account can be challenging if you are facing password-related errors. To help you resolve them and answer some other commonly asked questions related to Windstream email password change and log in, here is a guide with a detailed stepwise explanation for all the errors and issues you might face.
How to change my Windstream email password?
In case your Windstream email password has become too old, or you suspect a third party involvement in your account – you can always choose the Windstream email password reset option. Resetting your account password also safeguards it from hackers and other threats that might risk your personal information. If you’re still wondering – How do I change my Windstream email password? Follow these easy steps given below that will successfully allow you to change password Windstream email –
- On your preferred web browser, open the www.windstream.net link to access the login page.
- On the page, click on the option that says ‘My Account & Support’.
- When you tap on it a drop-down menu will appear. From this select the ‘Manage My Account’ option.
- An ‘Online Account Options’ button will appear where you will be asked to enter the registered email address of your Windstream account.
- Next, enter the current password of your Windstream account.
- Hit the ‘Login’ option.
- This will open your Windstream account where you can see the ‘Change Usernames, Passwords, & Email Accounts’ option. Click on it.
- You can now set up a new password for your Windstream email account. Enter the new password carefully and remember it for all your future logins.
- Tap in the ‘Change’ option.
- You have now successfully completed the process of reset Windstream email password for your account.
Once you have finished the Windstream email change password procedure, after following this How to change Windstream email password guide – you shall make a note of it to use it the next time you log in to your Windstream account.
How to recover your forgotten Windstream email account password?
In case you have forgotten the password for your Windstream email account, follow the given steps to recover it successfully –
- Launch the web browser of your preference and open the Windstream sign-in page.
- Under the green sign-in button – click on the link given under the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- The page will open up where you will have to enter the following details –
- User-type: Select the ‘customer’ option.
- Email address: Enter your registered email ID.
- Account Number: Enter the account number of your Windstream email login account.
- Billing ZIP code: The billing ZIP code for your account shall be entered here.
- Tap on the ‘Continue’ option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the answers to 2 security questions that you had answered earlier at the time of account registration.
- Enter the ‘New Password’ for your account. Re-enter to verify it.